Friday, July 29, 2011

2 Weeks Away...

So Don left on Tuesday for Army Training and is gone 2 weeks. Its hard to go back to living on our own. I always hope that the time passes quickly! The first couple of days are fine, but then the nights get lonely and I have trouble sleeping.
So When I arrived home from work on Friday I was sweetly surprised to see him sitting at our doorstep. My heart was beating fast and I was so excited but also a little hesitant because he was home. Turns out he got sent home due to injury. He has hurt his neck and back and has to been put on restrictions and will see the doctor/physio next week. So while that isn't great news... I'm not going to lie, I'm so happy he's home! Its bitter sweet really!
What will I do if/when he goes on deployment? My heart goes out to all those Army husband and wives who give up their time and lives together to help serve others who are in need. THANK YOU... You are my heros!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it even spending 2 weeks apart-it's a huge sacrifice that many of the rest of us take for granted I think. Glad you guys get a bit of extra time together.
    Jo Bush xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be moving in with me if he gets deployed! Hope Don is ok and recovers quickly. Neck and back injuries are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're secretly excited he's home...but un-secretly excited that he's hurt. Man up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Don's injury but glad he's home and getting help, love you both, mum and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Don's feeling better now. Back and neck injuries are the worst! On the up-side, at least you only had to endure 3 days with him away :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps- Looking forward to catching up this weekend. WE MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete